Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Let God show you...

Hello there!

 

            Well, you have been in AIM for a little while now and I am sure you are tired of classes and homework and curfew and all those things that require responsibility, let me tell you about it. It is all worth it in the end.

You may ask yourself, what am I doing in Lubbock… and here I am asking myself, what am I doing in Africa? But then God just reminds me all the time… I go to see the kids in school, kids that are raped every day, kids that are hungry, kids that all they want is to be loved… I see their eyes light up when they see me, I see them find joy in the simple act of touching my hair and caressing my skin, I see their faces light up when I remember their names… just by seeing their smiles is how God reminds me that it is all worth it in the end. I don’t know what kind of impact I am bringing to these kids lives but I know that God is using me in some way to impact their life and He is using them to impact my life.

Don’t let the things that seem so hard and dumb keep you from enjoying the things that God is trying to show you. I loved being in Lubbock and being around my classmates, but after Lubbock is over (and it goes way faster than it seems), you go off into the world and really experience the cool stuff. Don’t let these little things happening now rob you from the things God wants to show you.

 

God Bless you guys,

Sasha.

 

SHOUTOUTS:

 

Ivankita Linda: I know how hard it is to be away from home when dad is sick, just know that there are people all around you that are ready to hug you and love you when you need them ok. Don’t ever forget that. I love you so much and can’t wait to see your smile and hear you laugh again. You are very precious to me, little sister.

 

Nathaniel: I still have pictures of waxing your stomach… haha… that was crazy.

 

 

P.S. I hear a lot of you are sick… last year I was sick for about a month, it was so bad that I had to sleep sitting up cause I could not breath when I would lay down. I tried antibiotics and Nyquil and a bunch of stuff… but the worst thing I tried by far was this home-made medicine that Mason made for me. It was like milk with spices and vinegar… he told me to chug it and Dan was there telling me to chase it with cranberry juice afterwards. So I was like “ok, I can do this”. All the boys there were cheering for me while I started drinking it, and all of the sudden it starts burning and it spit it out all over the place while all of them are laughing at me… it was horrible I must say. So don’t take home-made medicine from any one… it’s a lie :)

 

I’m out!

No comments: